recent posts

An Easy Way to Speed Up Your Windows Computer (especially laptops)

Do you find your computer is slow although you have a kind of reputable CPU?

 I find that that is the case with my laptop, an AMD A8 6410-equipped processor that's kind of running a little bit laggy for my taste.

 I have disabled some Windows services and although that does speeds things up a little bit, but I kind of know that there must be something else that I haven't tweak to really achieve the full potential of my laptop.

 So after a little bit of digging on the big big world of the internet, I finally found the culprit for this problem.

 If you're like me and wants to speed up your PC after you have done tweaks but still didn't satisfies with the performance, keep reading this post.


I hope that this post will help you in any way possible.

So what is the one easy way to speed up your Windows PC that I'm talking about?

Minimum/Maximum Processor State

If you've heard about this before and have tweaked its setting then this post is probably not for you.

But if you haven't checked it out yet, you need to continue reading my post and reap the benefit of tweaking the setting.

So what exactly is a "Minimum Processor State"?

Simply put, it's the minimum power that your CPU will be used during the usage of your Windows PC.

Its value is in percentage.

So for example, if you set your Minimum Processor State to 50, Windows will limit the power of your CPU to 50% of its full capability especially when your PC is in idle mode.

So if your CPU is rated at 4Ghz at its highest power, its idle state will go to 2Ghz aka 50% of its full power.


Normally on laptop, Windows will set this option to a lowly 5 percent or even 0 like in my case.

As a result of that, I found that my laptop runs kind of slow because the CPU fluctuates heavily thus probably impacting my performance.

But once I set it to 100% on both the battery and plugged in, I can feel that my laptop is snappier than before.

But be warned, because the CPU now runs at its full power, your laptop will become hot because it needs more power to maintain that state.

As a result when your laptop is running on battery, it will drain the battery a lot more.

But if you're like me that gears towards more performance, then you can change the setting by following the steps below:

1) Click Start > Control Panel.
2) Click System > Power & sleep
3) Scroll down a little and click 'Additional power settings'
4) Then click 'Change plan settings' from your selected power plan.
5) Click 'Change advanced power settings'.

6) Scroll down a little bit then expand 'Processor power management.
7) As you can see from my setting above, I set the value to 70% while on battery and 100% when plugged in.
8) Apply your setting and you're done!

I hope you will gain a little bit more performance out of this tweak because I know I do.

And others on internet have said something positive also with one person said that he gains about 10fps when playing GTA V after the tweak!

Now that is a huge performance boast.

Tweak your setting and come back to this post and share your result with all the other readers.
An Easy Way to Speed Up Your Windows Computer (especially laptops) An Easy Way to Speed Up Your Windows Computer (especially laptops) Reviewed by shafiq on 10:34 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Ad Home

Powered by Blogger.