recent posts

5 Things I Hate About Xiaomi Note 5 Pro

I just upgraded my smartphone from Meizu M1 Note to Xiaomi Mi Note 5 Pro not too long ago.

There's a lot that I like about Note 5 but there are also some things that I do hate about it that you can find out below.

1. Headphone jack position
Like I said at the beginning of this blog post, I used Meizu M1 Note before getting my current Mi Note 5 Pro. On Meizu M1 Note, the headphone jack is located at the top of the phone and I think that that is the best place for it.

Note 5 on the other hand has the jack at the bottom of the phone. For me this results in inconvenient when I use the phone laying down and close to my body.

The wire will bend with mild tension because of the phone's weight and that makes me anxious about my headphone becoming broken.


2. Limited Onscreen Gestures
One of the thing that I love Meizu M1 Note is the ability to virtually control almost all of the phone's function using only the screen.

I can turn off and on the screen by double tapping it, skip songs when the screen is off by swiping it left or right.

I expect this kind of features is given on every newer smartphone but to my dismay, Mi Note 5 don't have that.

With Note 5, I can only turn off screen when holding the back button. I can wake the screen by double tapping it to see my lockscreen, but if I want to turn the screen off again, I need to use the physical button.

But what really put me off is that I can't skip songs when the screen is off using gestures!

3. Subpar Audio Tuning Option
I bought the 64GB model of the Mi Note 5 because I want it to be my all be all media center on the go.

Like majority of us, I want to listen to music, podcasts and what not and I want to fine tune the audio to my liking and that usually involve the music app equalizer.

For every smartphone that I have used, I always use the stock built-in music player to play my music and from what I can remember the music apps had always come with easy to use and straight forward equalizer option.

But boy oh boy Mi Note 5 is not like that.


Using the stock music apps, if I want to change the equalizer of the app I need to first select which Xiaomi made headphone/earphone that I currently connect to the phone before the equalizer setting page becomes available.

And for your information, I don't use any other Xiaomi products except for this phone so of course my I can't find my headphone model to select to because it's not a Xiaomi product.

Even if I choose any of the available headphone models, the sound will become automatically awful that I better off not change the equalizer at all. This is very very much stupid part from Xiaomi.

4. Headphone volume is low
I'm not done with the audio quality on Mi Note 5 yet.

Another problem that I have is that the audio output to the headphone is lower that what Meizu M1 Note has to offer.

Even if I crank up the volume on the Note 5 Pro, it still didn't reach the level of M1 Note and as a result, some music and podcasts sound really low and not that enjoyable to listen to.

5. Childish system animation
I don't know if this is just me but I really hate the animation when you scroll to the end of the phone settings page. It stretches the contents. It's childish.

Enough said.

I think that those are all the things that Mi Note 5 Pro gripes me. What do you guys think? Do you also hate what I list on this post?
5 Things I Hate About Xiaomi Note 5 Pro 5 Things I Hate About Xiaomi Note 5 Pro Reviewed by shafiq on 8:14 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Ad Home

Powered by Blogger.